Attendees must respect common sense rules for public behavior, personal interaction, common courtesy, and respect for private property. Harassing or offensive behavior will not be tolerated. The Parkersburg Pop Con reserves the right to revoke without refund any attendee who is not in compliance with this policy. Persons who see any such situations should immediately report to our show staff or our security team members.
- By entering Parkersburg Pop Con, you consent to be photographed, filmed, and otherwise recorded by WVU Parkersburg. You consent to allow WVU Parkersburg to use your likeness for promotional purposes and waives all right to any claims for payment of royalties in connection with any exhibition, televising, or publication of materials. These individuals will be wearing a special badge noting their affiliation.
- For attendees, it is recommended ASK BEFORE you take someone's picture. These individuals spend large amounts of time on their outfits and it is important to acknowledge them.
- If someone says "no thanks", do not jam your camera in their face making somebody deeply uncomfortable.
- "Selfie Sticks" or other telescopic camera poles are not recommended as they pose a safety risk to attendees, staff and vendors.
- No handing out anything – including flyers, stickers, cards or promotional items except from within a booth or table in the College Activities Center or when pre-approved for placement via our Director of Marketing. Any items posted or left around campus that have not been approved will be thrown away. If caught posting materials outside of the designated area, you will be removed from the event with no access for re-entry.
No Hover Boards, Rollerblades or Skates:
- By order of the Fire Marshall, hover boards, roller blades, and skates are not allowed within WVU Parkersburg.
No Handcarts, Trolleys, Rolling Luggage:
- Please be aware that, for safety reasons, no handcarts, trolleys, rolling luggage, or oversized strollers are allowed in the College Activities Center.
No Market Research:
- WVU Parkersburg does not allow market research, surveys, or information gathering in any public area – indoors or outdoors unless otherwise conducted by WVU Parkersburg and the staff of Parkersburg Pop Con.
- Please keep in mind that there will be no personal pages over the P.A. system. Set a time and place to meet with your family and friends and communicate with them via text or phone when necessary.
No Pets Allowed:
- If you have pets, including iguanas, parrots, boa constrictors, or other nonhuman critters, please live them at home. WVU Parkersburg will not allow animals into the building except for service animals. If your service animal is not wearing any ID identifying them as a service animal, you may be stopped by security.
No Retail Sales Unless Exhibit Space Has Been Purchased:
- No retail sales are allowed anywhere in Parkersburg Pop Con unless you purchased or were allocated exhibit space; to include the exhibit hall, common areas such as lobbies, program rooms and outside venues here on the campus of WVU Parkersburg.
No Sitting In Exhibit Hall Aisles:
- Lounges and seating are located throughout the event.
No Smoking, Including E-Cigarettes and Vaping Products and Devices:
- No smoking at any WVU Parkersburg event. No smoking at Parkersburg Pop Con includes traditional cigarettes, pipes, cigars, or e-cigarettes and any vaping product or device. This policy is throughout WVU Parkersburg property. If you do smoke, please go out to the road or in your vehicles to enjoy it.
General Cosplay Policies
- Costumes and Cosplay is encouraged at Parkersburg Pop Con.
- All attendees must be clothed and undergarments must be worn at all times. No see-through materials or pasties.
- Any attendee wearing a bulky costume, or one with poor visibility, should have a handler available to escort him/her around the venue.
This is for the safety of the wearer of the costume and other attendees.
Cosplay Prop Policy:
No functional weapons are allowed at Parkersburg Pop Con. If the weapon is steel, such as a sword, it will NOT be permitted in the building.
Simulated or costume weapons are allowed as a part of your costume however all costume weapons must conform to state and federal law. Projectile costume weapons must be rendered inoperable.
- Functional (real) arrows must have their tips removed and be bundled and zip tied to a quiver.
- Functional projectile weapons (think Nerf and Air guns) must be disabled and unloaded.
- Costume swords must be tied to your costume in such a way that they can’t be drawn. Security will remove any attendee that does not follow these basic rules.
- Solid props such as staves which are weighty enough to bludgeon someone with a moderate force swing will not be allowed.
- Aiming, brandishing, pointing, etc, any and all weapons at other attendees is not acceptable. You may mean it in fun, but your fun isn’t worth the alarm you will cause everyone else. In the event of severe infractions, attendees may be asked to leave.
COSPLAY IS NOT CONSENT:
Parkersburg Pop Con has a ZERO tolerance for harassment of any kind, including but not limited to:
- offensive verbal comments
- physical assault and/or battery
- harassing or non-consensual photography or recording
- sustained disruption of Panels, signings, and other events
- bathroom policing
- inappropriate physical contact
- unwelcome physical attention
- Also in relation to, but not limited to : race, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, gender presentation, sexual orientation, age, body size, disability, appearance, religion, citizenship and pregnancy.
Last modified: 2/13/2023